Fashion’s biggest night just took the world by surprise! Last night, the 2023 Met Gala served up couture from the four corners of the world. Celebrities, models, and influencers slayed the red carpet in show-stopping creations from the most sought-after designers. From gowns dripping in crystals and feathers to edgier haute couture trends, Vanity Fair presents a full breakdown of the dazzling array of looks and outfits on the Met Gala 2023 red carpet.
1. Celebrating Fashion at the Met Gala 2023
The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s much-anticipated Met Gala 2023 has certainly been one to remember! Celebrities from all facets of the entertainment and fashion industry stepped out on the red carpet, showcasing the latest in haute couture and streetwear trends. Here are some noteworthy highlights from this fashionable evening:
- Actor/singer Lizzo commanded attention in a plunging, floor-length gown, designed by emerging designer Carlita Smith.
- Scandal star Kerry Washington made a major statement with her bright yellow gown. The dress was custom-made by legendary interior designer Willa Holland.
- Actress Lily Collins was a vision in a two-toned silky gown, designed by Jonathan Simkhai.
The event also saw several avant-garde looks, with models and celebrities alike wearing daring, boundary-pushing designs from some of the top fashion houses in the world. The Met is no stranger to pushing the envelope when it comes to fashion, and this year’s gala will certainly be one to remember!
2. Glimpses of Elegance on the Red Carpet
The red carpet is a showstopper at award ceremonies and glitzy star-studded events. This is the night where celebrities go all out to dazzle the onlookers and make a statement. People often speak of this night with anticipation as they can’t wait to see the stunning outfits, carefully picked by renowned fashion gurus. Here are some of the looks we loved.
- Irresistible Gold – Everyone loves a little bit of gold. Acelebrity graced the red carpet wearing a mesmerizing tasselled gold outfit that had all heads turning.This outfit was accessorized with a pair of gold sandals and a statement neckpiece.
- Pretty in Pink – Perfect for someone who loves to keep it simple and cute.A soft layered pastel pink gown with a diamond chandelier earrings and stylish heels added a touch of sophistication.
- Spectacular Silver – Silver is always the perfect choice for the red carpet. A leading actress chose a delicate trimmed silver outfit that was showered with thousands of sparkles. She accessorized with a sleek clutch and elegant high heels.
- Gorgeous Green – This sophisticated off-shoulder lace green dress was simply breathtaking. Subtly done makeup and a sleek middle parted up-do rounded off the look perfectly.
The red carpet is a night all about elegance and these celebrities definitely did it justice. They looked stunning in the outfits they chose. Whether it be a golden creation, a classic black and white evening gown, or an off-the-shoulder dress – their style was simply irresistible.
3. Trends that Captured the Eye at Met Gala 2023
The Met Gala 2023 was a night to remember, with fashion moguls taking the creative runway to new and innovative heights. From drones doing a choreographed runway lap to 3D suit embellishments, here are some of the top trends that left their mark.
- Multi-Colored Manicures – The beautifully ornate, layered manicure designs in an array of bright colors had heads turning not just at the Gala, but all over social media too.
- Duo-ant Cyberwear – Droves of attendees rocked signature Cyberwear pieces in two-tone variations in black and silver, combining metal with leather for a daringly dualistic look.
- Blinged-Out Techwear – Keeping with the futuristic theme, a few of the boldest guests did their best to make technology their accessory of choice, from sparkly hologram kimonos to illuminated collars and jewelry.
With the ever-changing fashion world and the increasingly innovative creations being presented on each red carpet, all we can do is anticipate what surprises await us in the next Met Gala.
4. Vanity Fair Spots the Best of the Red Carpet Fashion
The red carpet is always chaotic, but somebody has to look at who wears what to award-ceremonies. Vanity Fair, a timeless source of fashion wisdom and cultural analysis, is the one to do it! The magazine hand-picks the major fashion moments that happened in the past year, granting them recognition- and giving us all the fashion-highs of the season.
Make sure you flip the issue to find out who made the top fashion list – you won’t be disappointed! From Stevie Nicks’ gypsy-vibes to Harry Styles’ baby-step towards genderless-fashion, you’ll get a first-row seat to some of the most stylish red-carpet moments of the year:
- Glowy Gowns: Opulent, tulle and sparkles weren’t absent from the red carpet this year.
- Killer Suits: From clean silhouettes to bold patterns, suits ruled the red-carpet.
- Gender-bending magic: Some stars dared to push the envelope, challenging traditional fashion norms.
So why wait? Take a breather and soak in the best, most inspiring fashion of the season, with Vanity Fair.
This year’s Met Gala was a sight to behold. It was a night of bright colours, dazzling looks and glamorous outfits; a night that showcased the best of fashion. As we look back on the memories of nights past, we can be sure that Met Gala 2023 will continue to be just as spectacular!