As the worlds of fashion and sports continue to draw closer together, three luxury fashion powerhouses have become increasingly prominent in the arena of sporting collaborations. Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Prada are three of the most renowned luxury fashion brands, and each of them has recently entered into a new partnership with a sports team, league, or event. This article explores how luxury brands and sports are growing closer together and the implications of this trend.
1. The Allure of Luxury Brands
From the allure of exclusivity to the unmatched craftsmanship of handmade pieces, luxury brands have something for everyone. Those with a deep appreciation for style and devotion to quality know that luxury brands are synonymous with affluence and success.
Luxury brands are known worldwide and often evoke feelings of desire and admiration. For many, the acquisition of a luxury piece is a way of expressing their social status and affluence. They provide assurance that a product of superior quality is being bought, providing wearers with a sense of prestige and confidence. Whether it’s a designer handbag, a statement piece of jewelry, or a timeless classic watch, luxury brands provide a sense of style and sophistication to your wardrobe.
2. Packaging Fashion and Football Together
When the fashion and football meet in harmony, the result can be something that transcends what we could have imagined. On one hand, fashion offers extravagant pieces which demand boldness and attention. On the other hand, football tiers display loyalty to a team which pour cause for major celebration.
In terms of packaging, fashion and football together can shine. Endless possibilities are available when it comes to showing clothing lines:
- Swap out traditional models for well-know footballers
- Employ certain colors unique to a team in order to draw attention. Magenta, for example, for Fiorentina.
- Utilize spatial GIFs or videos that allow customers to emulate the style they want.
When fashion and football collide, the result can be a product presentation that is something special amongst the typical. Consumers will most likely be drawn to the dynamic visuals that captivates the attention and sets itself apart. All that’s left is to tie up the pieces.
3. The Evolution of Sponsorship Deals
As the sports industry has grown in financial value over the years, so have the potential opportunities for sponsorship deals. Companies have seen potential for significant return of investment from sponsorships, making them increasingly attractive to organisations. Not only has the scope broadened, but so has the depth of these partnerships.
Gone are the days of simply displaying a logo or slogan on shirts and banners at events, with today’s deals providing much more depth and longevity. Now we see marketing campaigns being created by sponsors with athletes as the star of the show. These campaigns often require a great deal of investment from the negatives, but are reaping great benefits on the other side.
- Co-Branding: Companies are leveraging the athlete’s star power by co-branding products and services.
- Wearable Tech: Technology like smart watches, heart-rate monitors and other advanced tech is now becoming accessible and so bringing authentic sponsorship collaborations to existing athlete deals.
- Enhanced Exposure: Organisations are enhancing the reach of athletes by providing extended PR opportunities and creating targeted campaigns to leverage wider exposure.
4. Reaching New Audiences Through Sport
Sports create amazing opportunities for organizations to reach new audiences. With the right strategy, sporting events can drive organic growth and significantly increase brand visibility. Here are some ways that organizations can use sports to reach new audiences:
- Get involved with a local sports team. Hosting and sponsoring a local sports team can help an organization build relationships with potential customers. Promoting the team’s events on social media and offering discounts to team members can help reach an audience beyond just the team’s fanbase.
- Partner with an influential athlete. Partnering with an athlete who has a big social media following can be a powerful way to reach an entirely new group of people. Have the athlete promote your product or service to their followers and create an engaging campaign that resonates with people.
- Attend popular sporting events. Participating in popular sporting events is an effective way to network and reach a wider audience. Both the athletes and organizations benefit from the exposure.
Repurposing content on relevant platforms such as Instagram stories, Snapchat filters, or sponsored podcast episodes can enhance reach and increase engagement. It’s important for organizations to keep up with trending topics and sports-related conversations to better connect with audiences and increase customer loyalty.
The need for consumers to be associated with a sense of luxury is strengthened by the relationship between sports and popular designer brands. With Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Prada deciding to make deeper connections to the world of sports, it’s clear that the elite nature of luxury brands is something that athletes and sport fans increasingly desire to be a part of.