Fashion giant Kering, the parent company of luxury brands including Gucci, Saint Lauren and Balenciaga has joined forces with the renowned London College of Fashion to launch a groundbreaking collaboration dedicated to ethical and sustainability initiatives in the fashion industry. With the aim of pushing the sector towards a more sustainable model of success, the Victorian-era college and the international key player in luxury fashion are jointly redefining the future of the fashion industry.
1. Discovering The Power of Sustainable Fashion: Kering & London College of Fashion
Sustainable fashion has become increasingly important to the fashion industry, and now, more than ever, companies are finding innovative ways to promote the cause. Kering and London College of Fashion are leading the way in sustainable fashion discovery with their recent partnership.
- Kering: Kering is a French fashion conglomerate committed to developing sustainable and eco-friendly solutions. Through the program, Kering offers Endowed Chairs at London College of Fashion, where academics, industry professionals, and students collaborate to address the fashion system challenges of our time.
- The London College of Fashion: The London College of Fashion is a leading institution that successfully incorporates research and teaching to explore the industry’s environmentally-friendly potential. The College launches inspirational initiatives and workshops that investigate the power of sustainable fashion.
This partnership acts as a powerful advocate for driving sustainability within the fashion industry. Kering and London College of Fashion acknowledge the fashion industry’s key environmental challenges and create a platform for discussion. The collaboration provides a unique opportunity for students, industry professionals and academics to be involved in experiments and research to make fashion more sustainable. Kering and London College of Fashion are setting a precedent for fashion sustainability that will hopefully set the tone for others in the industry.
2. Advocating For a Sustainable Future with Kering & LCF
Protecting the Environment through Education
Kering and London College of Fashion (LCF) are dedicated to preserving the planet and creating a more sustainable future. They have joined forces to provide students with advanced education on sustainable materials, accountability, and consciousness. Through their programmes, graduates can impact business practices across industries and increase customer awareness by building a brighter, sustainable future.
The partnership offers courses which teach about the production process as well as topics such as:
- Regenerative agriculture
- Circular economy
- Waste management
- Responsible sourcing
By embracing the latest technologies and monitoring their processes, Kering and LCF are setting a new standard for sustainability in the fashion industry. Students gain practical knowledge and gain valuable skills sets to help them to make sustainable choices. With these courses, clothing manufacturers gain a better understanding of the impacts of their production processes, which will result in fewer resources being used and the creation of greener fashion materials.
3. Identifying Sustainable Solutions Through Kering & LCF’s Partnership
In 2019, luxury goods giant Kering and the London College of Fashion forged a partnership focused on sustainable fashion. Through this, the organisations aim to provide innovative and tangible solutions to reduce the fashion industry’s environmental impact. Here’s how:
- Conscious Innovation: Kering and LCF have opened a joint research center in London dedicated to researching innovation and developing groundbreaking sustainable solutions.
- Product Transparency: Transparent processes are being implemented to ensure that all products are made with materials and methods that have minimal environmental impact.
The partnership centres on driving positive change for people and the planet. Kering and LCF are encouraging other organisations to get involved by supporting them financially, sharing resources and collaborating to make sure their collective goals are achieved.
4. Accelerating Innovation in Sustainable Fashion with Kering & LCF
The fashion and luxury industries have been thorny players for those concerned with the future of sustainability. As the second biggest polluter on the planet, it’s not just the environment that fashion brands must tackle in their efforts to become more sustainable, but the entire infrastructure surrounding the industry.
However, other like-minded companies have been leading the way through collaborations and partnerships to drive innovation and demand for sustainable fashion. Kering and the London College of Fashion (LCF) have joined forces to fast-track innovation within fashion and design, allowing for approaches that look to the future of sustainable fashion with greater opportunities for creativity. With Kering’s Women in Motion project, whose mission is to support sustainable fashion, and the new Kering Sustainability Lab at LCF, research and demand for sustainable fashion is propelled forward with valuable insight from the experts in each field.
- Kering Women in Motion – a project that supports sustainable fashion
- Kering Sustainability Lab at LCF – showcases and facilitates research
As Kering and the London College of Fashion continue to collaborate, it is clear that they are committed to empowering young people and elevating the future of the fashion industry. This pioneering partnership will surely spark widespread innovation and progress. To the people involved in this exciting venture – go forth and create something beautiful.