The apparel industry is a powerful driving force for economic growth but it also carries significant social and environmental consequences. Fortunately, Avery Dennison is taking a leading role in making the apparel supply chain more sustainable. Through innovative strategies and its commitment to responsible practices, Avery Dennison is driving change to create a more circular, resilient apparel industry. [Sustainability Magazine] takes an in-depth look at Avery Dennison’s approach to sustainability and how it is helping to shape a more sustainable fashion landscape.
1. Leading the Charge for Apparel Supply Chain Sustainability; Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison is the global leader in apparel supply chain sustainability. The company’s laser focus and commitment to responsible business practices creates opportunities for fashion-forward solutions that meet the needs of a changing world. Here are some of the ways their leadership has helped to drive change throughout the apparel supply chain:
- Reducing Harmful Chemicals — Through one of the most comprehensive restricted substance lists in the industry, Avery Dennison is committed to reducing the amount of hazardous chemicals in their products.
- Sourcing Sustainable Materials — Avery Dennison works with various global mills, farms and suppliers to source responsible, sustainable materials for its products.
- End-to-End Guidelines — Avery Dennison provides guidelines to help retailers, brands and distributors ensure quality and sustainability throughout the entire apparel supply chain.
Avery Dennison’s world-class sustainability initiatives make it possible for apparel companies to remain competitive in an increasingly complex industry. Through product innovation and collaboration, Avery Dennison continues to lead the way in ethical and sustainable apparel supply chain solutions.
2. Apparel Revolution: Moving Towards a Responsible Future
The apparel industry is on the cusp of a revolution as this sector moves ahead to embrace ethical production practices.
- There is a greater emphasis on using recycled or upcycled materials to reduce wastage of resources.
- Manufacturers are turning to more sustainable methods of production and more eco-friendly dyes.
Consumers are being encouraged to think more consciously and are presented with more sustainable purchasing choices. Companies are increasingly aiming to disturb the ecosystem as minimally as possible, and are thus avoiding the use of hazardous substances and processes, and mitigating the harmful environmental impacts of manufacturing garments. This also applies to the sustainability of supply chain and labour in countries of production - fair pay for labourers and safe working conditions are made integral to ensure responsible practices. Corporate social responsibility measures are being implemented to ensure that production processes are ethical and sustainable.
3. The Avery Dennison Technique: Innovating for Change
Avery Dennison is always at the forefront of change. They take pride in their commitment to creating revolutionary products that truly make a difference in the world. From advanced printing techniques to precision labeling systems, Avery Dennison is constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility.
The Avery Dennison technique is characterized by a combination of creative problem solving and innovative product design. They are passionate about finding new ways to make their products and processes more efficient. They are constantly researching new and exciting ideas and adopting them when appropriate. Avery Dennison doesn’t simply react to changing trends, they create them. Their commitment to being trendsetters is the foundation of their success and customer satisfaction.
- Creative Problem Solving: Avery Dennison is devoted to finding groundbreaking solutions to some of the most pressing issues.
- Innovative Product Design: Avery Dennison is passionate about developing new products that meet their customer’s
- Open to Change: Avery Dennison approaches every challenge with an open mind, always looking for
opportunities to innovate and improve.
4. Setting an Example: Transformative Purpose Focused Sustainability
Today’s leading organizations are demonstrating that sustainability goes far beyond simply reducing carbon emissions, or advertising green initiatives. By intentionally investing in projects and policies that promote sustainability and economic development, organizations can create meaningful impact. This kind of transformative purpose focused sustainability can extend the life and reach of an organization.
Embedding sustainability into an organization’s mission statement can lead to some powerful results. It gives employees a clear sense of purpose that exceeds day-to-day operations, and encourages them to look for new and innovative ways to help the community. A clear purpose also gives employees greater freedom to take risks and explore outside-the-box solutions. Additionally, customers will be attracted to this meaningful mission, resulting in more business.
- It gives employees a clear sense of purpose.
- Encourages creative and innovative thinking.
- Attracts like-minded customers.
- Leads to positive returns for the community.
With transformational purpose focused sustainability, organizations can set an example for others in their industry and beyond. It not only promotes long-term sustainability initiatives, but it can lead to positive returns for the community and a greater sense of purpose for the organization.
As sustainable practices continue to become more prevalent in the industry, Avery Dennison’s efforts to improve the apparel supply chain means consumers no longer have to compromise on quality—they can look fashionable while also feeling good about their purchase. It’s companies like Avery Dennison that will ultimately pave the way for a warmer, more sustainable future.