When it comes to luxury fashion, the bright lights and glitzy glamour of the runway may be associated with a cost that not everyone can afford. But according to Walmart’s Executive Vice President of Apparel, LawSThomps, the retail superstar is working to make designer couture more accessible. Find out how Walmart is reimagining the retail sector with wallet-friendly luxury fashion.
1. A New Take on Luxury at Walmart
Walmart is usually seen as the budget-friendly outlet, but now you can find luxury options too! With Walmart’s ever evolving landscape, it’s no surprise that luxury has become an option, too. Here are a few of the luxury items you can now find at Walmart.
- Luxury Clothing – Walmart now carries exclusive designer lines, including athleisure and designer labels. Whatever your style, you can find it here.
- High-End Appliances – From refrigerators to dishwashers to washers and dryers, Walmart has some great options for the home. Shopping for appliances just got more luxurious!
- Fine Jewelry – Walmart is now carrying beautiful pieces of jewelry that look like they came straight from the jewelry store. Whether you’re looking for an everyday elegant watch or a statement-making necklace, you’ll find it here.
So if you’re in the market for something luxurious, you might want to pop into Walmart to see what kind of options they have. With the ever-changing landscape of Walmart, there may be plenty of luxury goods you’ll want to add to your shopping cart.
2. Walmart Apparel EVP Challenges Convention
Walmart Apparel EVP, Susan L. Anderson, has made it her mission to challenge the status quo when it comes to apparel shopping. Focused on making shopping experiences faster, easier, and more accessible, Anderson is pushing for new approaches and creative ways to reach customers.
To help prioritize customer convenience and inspire apparel shopping confidence, Anderson has rolled out several initiatives, such as:
- Pay With Cash Option: Allowing customers to shop online and at their local Walmart store using cash.
- Real-Time Product Availability: Seeing what’s in-store in real-time both online and at the store.
- Exclusive In-Store Apparel Lines: Creating exclusive in-store clothes lines to jumpstart the shopping experience.
Anderson’s creative approach to apparel shopping is an example of how retailers can make their stores more customer-friendly. By challenging current industry conventions and striving toward customer-first experiences, Walmart is leading the way for other retailers to follow.
3. Innovating Fashion at Affordable Prices
Affordable fashion can be a challenge to create. Yet, innovation helps fashion stay fresh and current, while also meeting budget needs. There are several ways to innovate fashion within a reasonable price range.
- Focus on Quality: Quality materials can help fashion stay in style for seasons while adding luxury to affordable items. Opting for top-notch fabrics and better-than-average ingredients can bring out the best of even the most budget-friendly garments.
- Incorporate Trends: Keeping up with current trends can present some inspiring ideas on how to bring fashion up to date. Designers can use a combination of popular styles and timeless staples – like boyfriend jeans and classic tees – to offer a more attractive, fashionable look at an affordable price.
- Design for Variety: Get creative and make sure there are different options when it comes to fashion that won’t break your budget. Create several variations of an item, like a top or a dress, in different colors and fabrics to create a captivating wardrobe.
- Utilize Sales: Shopping ahead of time is usually a key factor in purchasing fashion that is both trendy and budget-friendly. Checking seasonal sales several months prior to an upcoming chapter in the fashion cycle is a great way to save money without compromising on quality.
Innovating fashion doesn’t require a huge budget. Even a small sum of money can be used in creative ways to mix and match wardrobe pieces and create timeless staples. All it takes is a little bit of thought and some clever shopping habits to make affordable fashion possible.
4. Making Luxury Fashion Accessible to All
Eliminating Economic Disparity
The modern world is filled with economic disparities. Many luxury fashion brands don’t make clothes accessible to those with limited purchasing power. But now that’s all changing. Thanks to initiatives taken by fashion brands, today even those with limited means can access luxury fashion.
Making Fashion Affordable
Many fashion brands are introducing rent-to-own programs, using their innovative technologies. These programs come with incentivized payment plans that make luxury clothing more attainable for everyone. Instead of being stuck in pre-determined sizes, one can customize their look while keeping their budget in check. Companies are also utilizing rental options to let fashion enthusiasts experience luxury goods without breaking the bank.
- Economically disadvantaged people can now access luxury fashion
- Rental and rent-to-own options that help keep expenses in check
- Innovative technologies that allow customization of looks
Walmart’s partnership with Lord & Taylor will keep fashion and luxury apparel accessible to the public like never before. With a continued focus on affordability and quality, the EVP has set a great example of how embracing new challenges can lead not only to success but also to revolutionary changes in the industry. In the end, affordability has never looked so fashionable.